Our History & Mission
The Old Mission Women’s Club has a rich and active history in the Old Mission Peninsula community dating to its inception in 1931, with Hilda Ladd as its first President. The Club was a member of the International Federation of Women’s Clubs dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. It was one of three such women’s organizations on Old Mission Peninsula in the early years. The Club began with a group of nine women, primarily the wives of the cherry farmers located at the north end of the peninsula who met in each other’s homes and planned activities in support of their community.
In 1999 the Old Mission Women’s Club became an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to charitable and educational purposes, consisting of up to 150 members representing the full 18 miles of our Peninsula. The Club meets semi-monthly from September through May to listen to speakers from organizations that are of interest to our members or that play a critical service delivery role in our community.
Old Mission Women’s Club members are committed to providing support and involvement within our community through active participation, charitable contributions, grants and special fundraising events, as well as to forming strong friendships through social and educational gatherings.